I remember a couple of years ago I thought it was so prestigious to be nominated for the Liebster award. Now I realize it’s less of an award and more of tool to interact with fellow bloggers, which I enjoy a lot more! I got nominated by Sakura @ ViolinStar.NET!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
My Favourite Blog
Honestly, I don’t know if I have a favourite blog because I like a lot of different blogs for different reasons. I will have to say however that the blog that I enjoy the most at the moment is Crochetbug which is run by Leslie. I love how she seamlessly weaves in her crochet with philosophical musings about life or events in her life. Her anecdotes are very heartfelt and touching which I think comes from a place of wisdom and experience that I sometimes don’t see with the younger bloggers. Her posts also have a weirdly calming effect on me. The contemplative nature makes me feel like I want to slow down for a bit to smell the roses.
Of course, I love looking at the process behind her creations. Leslie is very talented and endlessly creative. Her crocheting is inspiring and I always want to pick up my latest work in progress after reading her posts!
I won’t lie, I aspire to become a craft blogger like her but at the same time, I love blogging about other topics that kind of make it hard to tie into crafts. Maybe I’m just not innovative enough!
1. When did you start blogging?
I don’t remember the exact date. I first started blogging on geekstinkbreath.net, which was a Green Day fansite where members could post journals about their day. I never saved my very first postasts, I wish I did. However, when the admins for the site opened up a writing website, I started to save those journals. The oldest post I could find is this one from January 2007 but it is definitely not the first!
2. What is your current motivation to blog?
At the moment, I blog because I want to document my life. I know a lot of people blog because they have something important to say, want to share resources, or make sweet cash. However, to me, blogging is a journaling medium. This is the main reason why I am so bad at networking with other bloggers. The main audience I’m writing for is my future self!
3. How long have you been blogging?
It’s been over 10 years now, almost 11 years. I can’t believe how fast time flies.
4. What are you favourite sports?
I don’t have a sport that I like to do, unfortunately. I’m pretty averse to physical activity despite the fact that I’ve been trying to go the gym more regularly. However, I love watching figure skating! It’s the winter sport that I am most passionate about.
5. What is your favourite hobby at the moment?
Right now I’ve been crocheting up a storm! I love crocheting and I love the act of creating.
6. How do you spend your free/off days?
There’s really no rhyme or reason to how I spend my free time. Sometimes I crochet and knit. Sometimes I play video games. Other times I go and hang out with my SO. Right now my free days are a combination of all the above!
7. Do you play any instruments?
Yes I do! I play the flute. Well, I guess you could say I used to play the flute as I haven’t touched it since I graduated high school. I’m not sure if I’d like to take it up again. Playing the flute was sort of forced upon me.
8. What is the last gadget that you bought for yourself?
My laptop! I even wrote a post about it.
9. Eye, lips, cheeks, foundation makeup – what do you like the most?
I don’t wear foundation so I wouldn’t know… I’ve been trying to get into makeup but it’s very overwhelming and the initial investment is too much for my meager budget. When my income isn’t $0 then I’ll consider it.
10. Are you the daydream or realistic kind of person?
Strangely enough, I’m both, if that’s possible! I love to daydream and fantasize about extremely unrealistic scenarios. For example, meeting celebrities and living the fancy rich life of an actress even though I can’t act to convince a small child! At the same time, when it comes to goals that I really want to pursue for myself, I’m pretty much realistic and know my own limits.
11. Do you like shopping?
This is a big resounding yes! I used to say I didn’t, especially for clothes, but unfortunately I’ve become a little more materialistic since then. I do like shopping around for cute clothes, cool gadgets, soft yarn, household appliances, etc.
Honestly, I don’t have anyone to nominate that hasn’t already been nominated recently! So to whoever is reading this now, you’ve been nominated!
1. What is your song of the moment?
2. How many times do you usually blog in a month?
3. What is the hardest thing about writing a blog post?
4. How long do you spend walking on a typical day?
5. What’s one thing you wish you could start doing more regularly?
6. What is the last thing you’ve tried to do and didn’t like?
7. How would you describe your blogging style?
8. What colour gives you the most comfort?
9. How many glasses of water do you drink in a day?
10. Do you use streaming services like Spotify, Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc.?
11. What is your favourite place to go to (can be a city, shop, place in your house, etc.)?